Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Anyung Haseo!

I thought that I had better start with an entry about Andrew. Yes, he's the sick one in the hospital, the reason for my trip. Here is a picture of him, labeled with his name in Korean (He said they spelled it wrong). He is teaching me how to say hello in Korean (see greeting above). I am looking forward to meeting some of his friends tonight.

Speaking of tonight, I have no idea what time it is or what day it is. What I know is that I boarded a plane in Miami on Monday morning at 6:30 AM. I flew over Anchorage Alaska. Anchorage? Since when isn't the shortest distance between two points a straight line? Get a map. Anchorage?

The sun never went down. Daylight all the way. But, when I arrived in Seoul it was Tuesday night! I've been robbed! So don't ask me the day or time. The only consolation I have is that (and i have done the math myself so it must be right) I will arrive home in Miami a few hours before I leave Seoul. I did the math myself.

If I ever figure out when I am I will share some more of the goings on from Seoul.

Thank you for reading.

Kamsa Hamnida.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew and Bob

    Your grandmother/mother called me today and told me of your illness and upcoming surgery. Hope and pray all goes well for you. I will keep up on your progress by reading your blog. Thank you and get well real soon. Love Aunt Jean

    ReplyDelete